Cagayan de Oro City – “The City of Golden Friendship”Cagayan de Oro City is a highly urbanized city and the capital of the province of Misamis Oriental which is conveniently located in the northern coast of Mindanao, Philippines. The city acts as the business hub and regional center of Northern Mindanao (Region X) and is a portion of the flourishing Metropolitan Cagayan de Oro. In addition, on account of the excellent position and good transportation facilities, Cagayan de Oro City, is recognized as the “The Gateway of Northern Mindanao”.
In gratitude to the warm and hospitable people of the city, Cagayan de Oro became known as “The City of Golden Friendship”. No doubt the city has become a treasured tourist destination for foreign visitors.
Places of interest in Cagayan de Oro City
Are you planning to spend your vacation in Cagayan de Oro City? The city is home with lush adventure activities and tourist destinations:
- Experience White Water Rafting/Kayaking/River Tubing at the rapids of the mighty Cagayan de Oro river
- Visit Vicente de Lara Park, Plaza del Heroes, Gaston Park and Saint Agustine Metropolitan Cathedral
- Enjoy horseback riding, biking, zip line and Nature Trekking at Mapawa Nature Park
- Endeavour the canopy walk and zipline in Macahambus cave Gorge
- Shop on CdeO’s shopping district such as Limketkai, Centrio Mall, SM, and Gaisano Mall
- Witness the beauty of eco-tourism village of the Garden of Malasag
- Chill out and enjoy music, foods and beverages at Night Café and market in Divisoria
- Come by to Catanico Falls
- Take a dip on the beaches of Cugman and nearby towns of Opol, Medina and Balingoan
- Taste the yummy yemma filled bun of the famous Vjandep Pastel
- Pay a visit on nearby provinces such as Camiguin, Iligan or Bukidnon
How to Reach Cagayan de Oro City:
Touch Down in Cagayan de Oro City: Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific and Air Philippines have daily flights to Laguindingan International Airport.
Via Land and Water
Philtranco Bus Liner offers Manila – Cagayan de Oro land trip for an approximately 42 hours of travel time
Negros Navigation, Sulpicio Lines and Supper Ferry – bound to Cagayan de Oro City for an approximately 30 hours of travel time